Sunday, January 11, 2009

Endrun around the Manual

The BOD is amazing. I love their honesty and their openness. They really need our support and they need us to do it. They are very restricted by the Manual and its requirements because it's the Manual of the "Mother Church". But is there a possibility that the Manual doesn't have to restrict my God given mission to express my concept of church differently than they did 100 years ago? Can I do whatever I want to share CS as long as I don't attempt to be a branch church? There are no restrictions on activities of members, that's why there are nursing schools and camps and Prin. So what if there aren't any branches in 50 years, if there are wonderful "groups" healing and changing lives. It doesn't have to be called a branch church to make a difference. All of us who want something different can just do it (just not in our branch churches). Who’s with me? How shall we start?

No comments:

Post a Comment