Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Wine/New Bottles

I was thinking about starting a blog called Broken Bottles because when you put new wine into old bottles the bottles break. The thought being this is what happens when you introduce the idea of change to most Christian Science churches. The churches get so focused on the battle that they can't seem to move forward. People get angry, some leave the church. It can be a great mess. The new ideas seem to break the old vessels.

But I don't want to focus on the mess, I want to talk about the new ideas. The more I think about changes I want to see in a Christian Science church service the more I realize the old churches can't handle it. New ideas must go into new churches. So I'm thinking about starting an entirely alternative service that isn't offered anywhere right now.

New church for a new service: New Wine and New Bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment